Beginning mid-July, Annapolis Valley Regional Library will begin to reopen libraries to the public. In order to provide the best service and safest environment for both our patrons and our staff, AVRL is making changes to our Library locations and procedures.
While we are working with our municipal units to make these changes, we will continue to offer our Library Take-Out service as well as our online services through our website. We are planning for online programs and our Summer Reading Club is also being offered online.
Each of our branches is different, but we all have new procedures in place to keep us and our patrons safe.
The Kingston location will offer Library Take-Out only, as the new branch is currently under construction.
What to expect at the library when we reopen:
- We will ask that visitors to our libraries maintain proper social distancing where possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, and we ask all patrons to sanitize their hands before entering our branches.
- All library locations are limiting the number of patrons permitted inside.
- When browsing materials & using our services, we will ask that patrons limit visits to 30 minutes.
- Seating within branches may have been reduced.
- Public computer use will be limited to 30 minutes. Staff will disinfect keyboards and mice between each use, as well as wash them thoroughly at the end of each day
- All book drops are open, and items should be returned in these.
- There are no overdue fines on any items, but AVRL asks that items be returned in a timely manner when possible.
- Please bring your own paper and pencils or pens.
- If you will need headphones, please bring your own.
You may notice a few changes such as:
- Clear screens at our service desks
- No “date due” stamps – you will receive a receipt instead
- Standard loan periods will be back (different for books/dvds/ etc.)
- Fine free on all items!
CEO Ann-Marie Mathieu says, “This is the next phase of reopening our libraries. Visits to the library may look different, but many of our core services are still available.”
We’re looking forward to seeing you in our branches again soon!