This week we have a guest post from Lisa Salley, from NS Health.
Various housing coalitions, municipalities, key partners, and organizations in Shelburne, Yarmouth, Digby, Annapolis, Kings, and West Hants Counties care about your housing concerns. In Annapolis, Kings, and West Hants we need a minimum of 1900 surveys filled out. Your story matters, and we need your help to understand what housing looks like in our communities now and in the future. You can tell your story via an online survey. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and by filling it out you could win a $100 gift card.
Who Should Complete the Survey? EVERYONE and anyone who lives in Shelburne, Yarmouth, Digby, Annapolis, Kings and West Hants counties.
Why should you fill out this survey? To help us:
- get a better understanding of the housing needs and challenges faced by people in our community.
- inform municipalities, builders, service providers and others about what would help people find and keep the housing they need.
- identify and document the supports needed for vulnerable populations to be successfully housed in their community of choice
- support the community to meet the housing needs of all, including our vulnerable populations.
- provide knowledge and research to support a shift from a crisis response to one that emphasizes prevention.
Why are we doing a Housing Needs Assessment:
- To build on our existing knowledge of affordable and supportive housing needs and issues.
- Engage the community to better understand the local housing situation.
- Generate reports with current and local data on housing needs that can be used for planning, service delivery, and funding proposals.
- Document housing needs of all our citizens including vulnerable populations.
- To be used to inform municipalities, builders, service providers and others about what would help people find and keep the housing they need.
All responses to the survey are anonymous and confidential. Fill out the survey by November 25th to have a chance to win 1 of 6 $100.00 gift cards. The survey is available in French and English. Visit http://www.daashgroup.com to fill it out or phone 1-877-742-0085 to arrange an appointment to fill out the survey over the phone.