AVRL during COVID-19
Updated February 14, 2022
Our libraries have adapted to recent changes. When you come to visit, it may look a little different, but we are still your public library.
You can visit us in person or online; either way, we are here for you.
All bookdrops are open, and Library Take-Out service is available.
- If you are sick or unwell, please stay home.
- If you experience these symptoms, please contact 811.
- If anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Before You Visit
- Please confirm that your branch is open.
- Try searching the online catalogue before you arrive, and make notes on call numbers to make your visit easier.
- Make sure you are prepared – bring your library card, a bag for your books, pencil and paper, headphones if you will need them.
- If you need to renew an item, you can do that online.
When You Arrive
Please follow all posted signs and library staff requests.
- Masks are required in all public indoor spaces in Nova Scotia.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please use before you enter.
- Some locations may have reduced seating options.
- To accommodate safety measures, branches will have clear screens up at desks.
- Staff will be practising physical distancing. Visitors are reminded to stay 2 meters (6 feet) apart when at all possible.
- Parents and caregivers are asked to stay with their children.
- Items will not be stamped with Date-dues. You will receive a printed receipt instead.
- Standard loan periods will be in effect (books, DVDs, magazines may have different loan periods).
Our Safety Measures (for you and our staff)
- Clear screens at desks
- Enhanced cleaning
- Keyboards and mice cleaned regularly
- Staff will practice physical distancing
- Contactless Library Take-Out is available
- Staff will wear masks and may wear face shields for some tasks
- Visitors must wear masks
Visit our calendar of events for