Our libraries have adapted to recent changes. When you come to visit, it may look a little different, but we are still your public library.
You can visit us in person or online; either way, we are here for you.
All bookdrops are open, and Library Take-Out service is available.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, please read and follow these guidelines:
- If you are sick or unwell, please stay home.
- If you experience these symptoms, please contact 811.
- If anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Before You Visit
- Please confirm that your branch is open. Kingston library is currently open for Library Take-Out only.
- You will be limited to one 30 minute visit per day in order to limit exposure and allow others to access the branch.
- Try searching the online catalogue before you arrive, and make notes on call numbers to make your visit easier.
- Make sure you are prepared – bring your library card, a bag for your books, pencil and paper, headphones if you will need them.
- Remember to return all items in the outdoor bookdrops.
- If you need to renew an item, you can do that online.
- Computer use will be limited to 30 minutes.
When You Arrive
Please follow all posted signs and library staff requests.
- You may need to wait outside. Only 10 people will be allowed in the library at one time.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please use before you enter.
- Some locations may have reduced seating options.
- To accommodate safety measures, branches will have clear screens up at desks.
- Staff will be practising physical distancing. Visitors are reminded to stay 2 meters (6 feet) apart when at all possible.
- Parents and caregivers are asked to stay with their children.
- We are now fine-free, but any payments for fees will be accepted in envelopes.
- Items will not be stamped with Date-dues. You will receive a printed receipt instead.
- Staff will ask you to place items barcode-up for borrowing.
- Standard loan periods will be in effect (books, DVDs, magazines may have different loan periods).
Our Safety Measures (for you and our staff)
- Clear screens at desks
- Enhanced cleaning
- Keyboards and mice cleaned after each use, and washed in soap & water each day
- Staff will practise physical distancing
- Limited time in library means limited exposure (30 minute visits)
- Limited number of people in library
- Contactless Library Take-Out
- All returned items quarantined for 3 days
- Staff may wear masks and/or face shields for some tasks
- Visitors are welcome to wear masks
Please note that all library operations, procedures, and protocols are subject to the guidelines set out by the Nova Scotia Health Authority and are subject to change quickly and without notice.
Visit our calendar of events for